Thursday, August 16, 2012

Today's mail and a trip to Target

Today's mail brought both an invoice from my plumber and my property tax bill. For some reason -- perhaps a substitute carrier? -- the mail arrived four hours early. I could have waited. Really.

A couple of weeks ago there was a funny whistling noise coming from one of the pipes leading to an upstairs radiator. Then there was some leaking. Maybe there was leaking first. The radiator had always been pretty feeble, more of a sculpture than anything functional. So we called the plumber who worked for a good 6 or 7 hours on this and that.

16 Aug 2012

Here is another gem of an unpublished blog entry. How could I have not published this?

I don't remember when this was started, but plumbing remains an on-going issue here. I think, but don't quote me on this, that shortly after this entry was begun we had a leak in the master bedroom radiator which dripped through the dining room ceiling. I got the plumber on the line and he told me to tighten a giant nut. "Everyone tells me that," I joked. In my head. Because I don't joke around with my plumber much. I did as he said and there's been no leak since. But we do have some flaky ceiling paper in the corner where the leak was.

Property tax bill! That's a clue. When do the property tax bills arrive? March or February, I bet. I'm guessing this was from late winter 2011.

OK. That's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment